Individual or personal health insurance is the recommended option for Texans who do not receive medical insurance from their employers but still need coverage for their families and themselves. Individual health insurance also applies to the self-employed, unemployed, and students.
One major drawback that people find of not being on an employer’s group health insurance policy is that coverage is not guaranteed, and an insurance company can turn you down either partially or entirely for an existing condition. Additionally, some insurance companies will charge higher premiums for applicants who are deemed higher risk (e.g. smokers) or who have pre-existing conditions. The Alpha Omega insurance team will make sure you find the most affordable individual insurance plan that offers the maximum coverage you and your family need.
Individual Health Insurance Plans come in many forms, including:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plans
- HMO family medical insurance plans provide you and your family a network of physicians from which you must choose all your medical care.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plans
- Like HMO plans, PPO plans give you and your family a network of physicians from which to choose. While you may choose a Texas healthcare provider outside your network with your PPO plan, doing so is more costly.
- Point-of-Service (POS) Plans
- Point-of-Service plans require you to choose a primary physician within your network but allow access to specialized physicians outside the network.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Plans
- HSA plans allow you to set aside tax-free funds into a savings account designed to be used for just about any medical care services you or your family need.
Get Started on Your Individual Health Insurance Plan
Unsure which option would be the best personal health insurance coverage for you and your family? The experts at Alpha Omega are just a phone call away. Just call 281-897-9393 to speak to a representative and to receive a quote on our individual health/family insurance options in Houston, TX and throughout the United States.